Saturday, July 24, 2021

The Cutest Of Critters

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Good morning and a very happy Saturday. It's Sue here with a trio of very cute critters!


I'm not normally one for 'cute' stamps, but these mice are just so sweet, and I reckon that with the right sentiment they will have real attitude!

I started by cutting my Rolodex cards onto supersmooth card and stamping my mice in brown. It's quite unusual for me to make one layer projects, but that is what I wanted for my meeces.


Then I added the sentiments where I could. Some of them are too big to be added whole so will be stamped and chopped up later. No mice will be hurt, I promise.
 
The mice have been coloured with alcohol markers. I knew that I wanted to put a watercolour wash over the top, so I heat embossed the sentiments.

I've just added some colour by inking up a stencil, spraying with water, and laying on the page.

They can definitely smell cake!
She's my favourite. I can just imagine her with a rolling pin in her hand if Mr Mouse comes home late from the mousy pub! I know there's a bit of mousy stereotyping there but I'm very old school lol.


These are the stamps that I've used
Mother Goose Mice by Lost Coast and

Carmen's Veranda clear stamps



You still have a full week to join in with our challenge and show us your critters. They can be as cute or as badass as you like, they just need to be stamped!

Take care, have a very happy weekend, and thanks so much for looking xx





No comments: