Friday, September 16, 2022

Autumn Queen

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
 
Hello Portal Peeps.  Gail here today.  The weather here in Norway has certainly changed the last few days.  Warm dry days became wet and now a cold wind is blowing away summer and bringing in autumn.  I decided to use the lovely oranges and browns of fall for my Things With Wings project today along with one of the new mini collage stamps Linda recently added to the shop.
 
Love these mini collage stamps.  They take all the work out of getting a lovely layered look to your stamping.  This one is called Mini Bug collage and I decided my bug was a bee. 

I started by making my background using Lost Coast Designs Leaves Background.  I stamped it first with yellow, then orange and finally red archival ink to layer up my colours and add some warmth and depth.  Then I stamped the frilly edge of the Bug Collage stamp so I didn't have to fussy cut it LOL.
I stamped the Mini Bug collage in brown ink and then inked the bee again with black and overstamped for a bit more definition.  I added a little yellow and some glitter glue to the wings and fussy cut.
I stamped Carmen's Veranda Queen of Everything on a scrap of the grid card I was using and put all the layers together, adding a scrap of red card to the top and left hand side of each panel.  
I hope you have time to grab some winged thing stamps and join the challenge.  Linky closes end of the month.  Don't forget to check out all the awesome inspiration from the team here on the blog.  
Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

No comments: