Monday, April 10, 2023

#164 -Challenge, make a rock or popup card.

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Goodmorning happy easter to all of you.
Riet here,here is my second card for the rock or popup challenge.
Gail, our dt leader had a great 
idea for a challenge. 
Rock or popup.
I chose a rocker card with a pendulum.

I thought this airship was well suited for that.
Because I have never made an interactive card before, 
I did some searching on the internet.
And ended up with one of the best card makers out there.
Here is a link to the video on how to make a rocking card with a pendulum.

Here's a little explanation of how I made my rocker.
What I used.
Lost Coast Designs, STP Dirigible.
Adventure is from the Misc words sheet.
The small curl in the water is from the Brush Strokes sheet.
The beach (the rocker part) Shrubbery. 

For the ocean, 
Distress oxide,
Peacock feathers and Blueprint sketch.
For the sky, Distress oxide,
Musterd seed, Wild honey, Abandoned coral and Wilted violet.
For the beach (rocker), 
Distress oxide, Tea Dye, ground espresso.
Ditressink, walnut stain.
Amsterdam acrylic ink Titanium white.
Distress micro glaze.
Color pencils.
Die of waves (Leane Creatieve), Lea'bilitie landscape.


The card consists of two halves.
The sky and the ocean.
For the sky I started with ink blending at the bottom.
First with Mustard seed then with wild honey.
Then with Abandoned coral and finally at the top the Wilted violet.
When that is dry, continue with the clouds.
I painted the clouds with white Amsterdam acrylic ink.


The oceaan is cut out in waves with a waves die.
I stamped the bottom half with the curl stamp from the brush strokes sheet with Distress Glaze.
With a inkblending tool, the oceaan at the top with Blueprint sketch.
 the bottom half with Peacock feathers.
When it was dry I painted some foam caps on the waves,
 with a brush with the Amsterdan acrylic ink.
With colorpencils, i used Derwend colorsoft, 
I colored the mermaid and the airship (Dirigible), 
and with a piece of die cut wave I stamped "Adventure".
made a pencil line around it to make it pop.

Now for the rocking part. 
I folded a pieces of 200 grams paper and cut a half circle out.
With a inkblending  tool and distress oxide Tea dye I colored it.
With distress oxide ground espresso I stamped the shrubbery.  
Its a impression of the beach and sand dunes.


Jennifer Mcguire's video shows you how to assemble the card.

I Loved to make this card. It was a real out of the box for me.
Hope you have fun making a rocker or popup card and please show it on oure 
challenge blog or facebook.
Challenge blog:
Facebook challenge: 







 

2 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Completely awesome! Jo x

ionabunny said...

This is awesome Riet. I love the extra pendulum feature. Absolutely gorgeous. Hugz