Saturday, April 8, 2023

Challenge #164 - Rock or Pop - Stay Weird!

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Roni here with a fun idea for the latest challenge - Rock or POP!


This was such a fun challenge and I knew I wanted to use the Monkey Face stamp from Carmen's Veranda because I could add googlie eyes!!!  These little gems add a great dimension and fun movement for a rocker card.

I created the card base by placing a plate along the bottom edge of a regular folded card base. I traced the rounded edge along the bottom and trimmed to create the "rocking" card.  It was then stamped with the Gears background stamp.

To create the rest of the card I started by stamping the Monkey Face on lavender cardstock with Versa Fine Clair Fantasia ink. It was fussy cut and I glued on the eyes.

Next I stamped the large feathery paint stroke from the Brush Stroke set of stamps using various shades of green. This was also fussy cut and used for "Leaves" for our monkey to peek out of.  I stamped the distressed straight brush stroke, also from the Brush Stroke set in blue to create the separating line.


I affixed the Monkey Face, leaves and blue line along the fold at the top of the rocker card. I then stamped the sentiment, trimmed it and affixed each word to the bottom of the rocker and outlined each word with black marker.


Hope you join in on the fun and create a card that rocks or has a pop out element.






4 comments:

Squiddy said...

That Minkey face is so versatile, love what you did with it. With all the inspiration you all have been posting, I'm disappointed there haven't been more entries :(

Riet Harikini said...

Hhahahahaha, this is so funny. Love your take on the rocker card.

Dotty Jo said...

Love it! Jo x

ionabunny said...

A purple rocking monkey with googly eyes. OMG Roni this is such a fun card. Hugz