Sunday, May 24, 2020

East Meets West: Oriental Doll

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Thanks for visiting us here at the Portal to check out this current challenge:  East Meets West.
It's Laurie again, and I've created a card for this challenge using the Oriental Doll stamp and the ATC Text Set #1 stamps, both from Lost Coast Designs.

I started by stamping my image with black ink onto a piece of scrapbook paper, then trimmed around the edges to create a border.  I colored the figure with Copic markers.  I restamped the wings onto a piece of paper, cut them out, and traced them onto some gold paper.  They were then cut out and glued over the original stamped wings.  I layered this with a piece of black card stock.  I then stamped the Asian text stamp from the ATC set onto the same paper and trimmed it down to one row of characters.  I edged that in black then punched a hole in the top of the tag and the top left of my card, tying it in place with some cream thread.

We would love for you to share your East Meets West creations with us, in whatever way you choose to interpret this theme.  You might win some free stamps, and don't forget to use some rubber stamping somewhere on your creations!


No comments: