Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Smudging card

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Cathy here with a card I made trying a new technique.
Stamps used:
Asian set
Mail Art set

I was watching one of Tim's demo video from Facebook and he did a technique called smudging. So I wanted to try it.
I stamped with Distress Oxide the Asian set and tried to smudge it and it didn't work out the way I wanted to. I wanted more smudge. So I took some of the ink off the stamp and blended it over the card. Then I took one of the postage stamps from the Mail Art set and did the same thing. 
From the Asian set  I took the lady and stamped her in archival ink to stand out. I made water marks on it and then I layered it on some handmade watercolor background paper. Then set it on some black cardstock.
 

Don't forget to join the challenge here
The sale is still going on. 25 % off. Come check it out

.

No comments: