Sunday, October 4, 2020

31 Days of Halloween Day 4 - Dancing Skeletons

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Oh, I love October and fall and Halloween!  It's Laurie here, and we have our annual month long Halloween celebration at the Lost Coast Portal.  A month of fun and lots of Halloween creations by the Design Team to hopefully inspire you to create some Halloween goodies of your own.

This first project features the Grunge Tree Background stamp and the Dancing Skeletons stamp, both from Lost Coast Designs.

I started by stamping my background with black ink onto a piece of gray scrapbook paper from a new Halloween collection by Tim Holtz.  I cut this out around the border and layered it with a piece of white card stock.  I then stamped my skeletons on a piece of cream card stock with black ink and fussy cut them out.  I die cut a fence with black card stock and affixed that across the bottom of my base.  I then positioned my two skeletons as shown, and only attached them from the center of each so that their arms and legs could come off the paper a bit and give them a sense of motion.  I added two die cut bats, a moon, and a saying to complete this card.
Please join us all month here on the Portal and enter your Halloween projects - be sure to include some rubber stamping!  You could win some free stamps!!

2 comments:

Riet Harikini said...

Love the dancing skeletons

ionabunny said...

A really cool scene Laurie. Great dimension and those skeletons are just fab. Hugz