Thursday, October 4, 2018

31 Days of Halloween - Day 4

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Welcome from Laurie to the Lost Coast Design Halloween Blog Hop!
I love Halloween and the annual Blog Hop gives me an extra chance to make some fun Halloween projects.

My first project for the Hop is a card featuring the Lost Coast Dancing Skeletons stamp.
I started with a background page I had on hand.  It was from a project I did using my Gelli press plate.  I actually loaded up my plate with acrylic paints and pressed real leaves into the paint the pulled prints from that.  I thought the colors on this one were particularly good for Halloween.  I stamped the Grunge Tree background stamp onto my background paper using Stayz On black ink.  I cut out around it and mounted it to a piece of orange card stock.

I then stamped my Dancing Skeletons on white paper with black ink and cut them out.  I glued them as shown.  I then stamped a couple of party hats from the Vertical Party Hats stamp onto orange card stock.  They were a bit large so I made a copy on my printer and reduced the size to 75%.  Then they fit perfectly atop my skeletons.  I added a little bling with some rhinestone stars and all done!

Please come join the fun all month this October at the Lost Coast Designs Halloween Blog Hop!



6 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Love the Dancing Skeletons!

Lori said...

Love your Dancing Skeleton Card, Laurie! The hats were a perfect touch!

Susan Renshaw said...

This is brilliant!!

ionabunny said...

Beautiful background and those dancing skeletons look like they are having a great time in their party hats. Hugz

ike said...

YaY - skelly party :-) Excellent images and lovely scary background x

Lyneen said...

LOVE the dancing SKELLIES... what a great background!!! Awesome card!