Friday, October 26, 2018

31 Days of Halloween - Day 26

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Gail here today with Lost Coast Designs gorgeous Cheshire Cat.
 He's been waiting in the wings and now is his moment to Smile
He's just a big softy really!  I simply stamped Lost Coast Designs Cheshire Cat on a piece of white card using black archival and cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die.  I coloured his eyes, fangs and claws with gel pens and stamped and black embossed Carmen's Veranda Smile word.  The background is a Sizzix Mixed Media die cut twice from a piece of black card and added to a red base.

If you are dropping by from the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop then puurrrr, puuurrrr, meow!  I thought I would add a few links for feline themed stamps in the Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda shops.  I realise that the stamp catalogue is pretty large and you might not have had a chance to become familiar with it.

Carmen's Veranda has some fabulous feline themed sentiments, plus many others on 1, 2, 3 pages.  I advise people not to be drinking coffee or margarita's whilst looking at these!!
There are also some really cute cat stamps in Carmen's Veranda animal section and also a new Peekaboo kitty that Janis used on her Day 1 post.

Lost Coast Designs also has a lot of cat stamps.  There are some really cuties in the brand new Carri's Menagerie.  Lots of beautifully detailed ones HERE, and a few scary ones, including the wonderful Cheshire Cat HERE, and don't forget to check out the Party Cats, and Kitty Girl!

https://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2018/10/challenge-63-cats-and-dogs-and-31-days.htmlhttps://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2018/10/31-days-of-halloween-day-1.html 

You can join up your stamped Halloween or Cat/Dog makes and we are also sponsoring the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop that closes tomorrow so spring over and add your kitties there too for more chances to win Lost Coast dollars.  
http://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.com/
You might also like to check out some of the other posts below this one for more feline fun and inspiration.  Phew!!  Time for a cat nap I think.

21 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Love those eyes, Gail! The red tips on the teeth and claws is purrfect for a spooky Halloween card and the sentiment is such a startling contrast. lol

Arianna Barbara said...

What a spooky card! Great work!!!

Denise Bryant said...

Love the Cheshire Cat design! Just a touch of red and the green eyes and he looks fabulous!

DonnaMundinger said...

Love how you've accented the eyes, teeth and claws, Gail and your framing is fabulous! I recognize this as one of Teri Sherman's designs. Thanks for the links to the shops. I have been having a bit of a hard time finding the stamps I own to link back in my post (some of which haven't been written yet. LOL) xxD

Ink Art Designs said...

This cat just makes me smile, I don't know why ... he's like the cat version of the 'evil clown'. Almost gremlin like too, as in Ghostbusters lol. Love him!
Dot x

Becca Yahrling said...

Yeah, I don't think so ... a big softy?! LOL He's kinda creepy ...
and purrfect for Halloween time.

Susan Renshaw said...

This is my sort of thing Gail!!

Carole J said...

Oh my goodness! Cheshire Cat doesn't look like a big softy to me! Awesome stamp, though and perfect accent colours! x

Suzanne H said...

He is kind of scary. Those eyes!!!

Karenladd said...

Oh my gosh...this must be the Cheshire cat on a very, very bad day..haha!

ike said...

Ah - now there's the gorgeous scary boy :-D LUV this one. He's saying 'cheese' for the camera maybe ? x

Dotty Jo said...

Knew this was one of your cards, Gail - even before I saw the link! Love it, Jo x

D.Ann C said...

Whoa that Chesh is scarier than the red queen! Thanks for helping me get my wishlist started. :)

Fikreta said...

oh wow!
its awesome!

mandysea said...

How could you NOT smile!! Fearsome fellow! It's a bit like Cheshire Cat, but in a bad mood! Love how you've made his eyes standout out!

Vivian Foo said...

Love how you colored the eyes and that cat image is fab!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh my gosh.... How spooky is this??? I'm so scared :D :D

Sue D said...

wow--that is some scary cat!

Christi Conley said...

Gail, this cat is ferocious looking!! I love the added details of the gel pens and embossing - I'd smile but I'm too scared LOL

Janis said...

Oh, my.....your Chessy Cat is scary!!! Yikes!
Loved the tour through the various cat stamps and those hilarious sentiments!! So funny! Thank you for the links.

My internet is finally working again, for the moment. Been down or spotty for the last several days and really messed up my commenting!!
Thank you for being a part of the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Lyneen said...

That is one scary CAT!!! Great Card!