Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
We are up to Day 11 in our 31 Days of Halloween Challenge! With that, I am sharing my 'Tis Near Halloween Card that I created with one of the birds from the 3 Birds set, a Skull Die, and patterned paper.
'Tis Near Halloween
Lost Coast Designs Stamps:
Carmen's Veranda Words and Quotes:
- Ranger Archival Ink, Jet Black
- Graphic 45 6 x 6 Printed Paper
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology, bones
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paper Stash, Memoranda
- Sizzix Big Z-Tim Holtz Alterations, Skull
- Mark Richards, Pearls
- Inspired Color Mist, Grey
- DecoArt, Shimmer Mist
- Washi Tape
- Start with a standard size, top folding note card.
- Cut a panel of patterned paper to size (4 1/8 x 5 3/8).
- With Archival Ink, randomly stamp the Fibers Background across panel.
- Use a different type of patterned paper to die cut the skull image. Adhere the skull over a piece of black cardstock; use Color Mist and Shimmer Mist to distress the image.
- Apply strips of Washi tape across the bottom of the panel and then adhere the skull image (see card for placement).
- Choose a brighter piece of patterned patter and stamp the Bird image (with Archival ink). Fussy cut the bird image out.
- Stamp part of the 'Tis Near Halloween" portion of the "Witches Go Riding" saying on to a strip of patterned paper (same paper used with the bird). Tear top and bottom of the strip just larger that the print size (see card).
- Edge the panel and card base with Black Archival Ink. Adhere panel to card base.
- Adhere string (in circular pattern) under the area that the Bird image will go. Then adhere Bird over the top of the string with double sided dimensional tape.
- Tie two bones with string and adhere to base of Bird.
- Adhere saying underneath bird (over the Washi tape) and embellish with pearls.
Happy Day 11! Hope you will join us in this Challenge.