Friday, October 18, 2019

31 Days of Halloween Day 18: Cats and Bats

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi again from Laurie with another card that fits both the Pets Challenge and our 31 Days of Halloween celebration which both run til the end of the month.  This one uses the Striped Cat stamp from Lost Coast Designs, one of a great assortment of Katzelkraft stamps available for order.

I had a lot of fun making the background for this one.  I started with a piece of plain card stock cut to approximately 5 X 7 inches.  I then went through my stash of Halloween papers and selected some that I thought worked well together.  I spent some time deciding on placement and sizing and finally came up with this configuration.  I tacked them to my card stock base and then using black thread and a zig zag stitch, I stitched around each of the blocks of paper.  I finished it off by edging the whole piece with black ink.
Next I stamped my Striped Cat with black ink onto orange card stock and fussy cut him out.  I restamped his eyes onto white paper and cut those out, superimposing them atop the original stamped image.  He has one little pointy fang which I colored white and then I added another fang on the other side of his mouth to give him that "vampire-ish" look.  

I attached my kitty with foam tape to the card front.  I then die cut a couple of bats from black card stock and positioned them as shown adding a bit of white marker for the eyes.  Final step was to glue some black spider sequins marching along the bottom of the card.

I hope you are joining us all month for this fun 31 Days of Halloween celebration.  The Design Team is having a blast making lots of Halloween projects to inspire you!!

1 comment:

Susan Renshaw said...

What a gorgeous cat! That stamp is definitely on my wishlist! Super collaged background too...