Saturday, October 26, 2019

31 Days of Halloween Day 26: Birdie Camouflage

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Laurie here with the countdown to Halloween!  Hope you are following us on the blog this month as we bring you a brand new Halloween project every day.  The second half of the month we feature pets along with our Halloween theme, and I've created a tag for this one using the Whimsical Flora stamp and the White Skulls Border stamp, both from Lost Coast Designs.

For my background I used a piece of black and white dotted card stock from my Halloween stash of papers.  I stamped Flora onto white paper and colored her legs, beak, and around her eyes with orange marker.  I then fussy cut her out.  Next I stamped her again onto the dotted card stock and cut our everything except her legs, beak and eyes and superimposed that atop the original stamped image.  I spent 15 minutes going through my Halloween paper looking for just the right background and decided I liked the way the same dotted paper I used for Flora worked as her background.  

I then stamped my border with black ink on white paper and cut it out.  I cut my background paper to the shape and size of a tag, edged it with black ink, and attached my border along the bottom.  I then attached Flora perched atop the border and gave her a black witch's hat with a star on it.
I added a "boo" sticker to the upper right corner and some black satin ribbon at the top.

And she's ready to work some Halloween magic for you!  Come join the fun and show us your fabulous and frightening Halloween creations!



No comments: