Monday, November 1, 2021

Art Dolls and Divas: Flower Power

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Welcome to a new month and a new challenge!  Our theme for the first half of November is "Art Dolls and Divas". I have made a card for this one featuring the Grunge Flower Profile stamp from Lost Coast Designs.  This is one of my favorite LCD stamps - there are just so many possibilities with this stamp, and they always turn out beautifully.

This is a really simple project.  I started with a piece of water color paper and three shades of blue and green Tim Holtz Oxide Distress spray inks.  I sprayed my paper with water then with my three inks and let them blend and run together, blotting them here and there and drying them to the finished result that I wanted.  I then splattered my page with a bit of black ink.  

Next step was to stamp my Grunge Flower Girl with StayzOn black ink onto my background page and cut it out.  I then cut a piece of scrapbook paper in blues and greens and affixed my cut out silhouette as shown.  I added a couple of pieces of coordinating washi tape to opposing corners, and that's it.

We hope that you will join us for the new and fun challenge - you just might win some free stamps from Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda!




No comments: