Wednesday, November 24, 2021

It's A Wrap: Black and White Gift Box

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi all from Laurie!  We have a fun and unusual challenge going on right now here on the Portal:  It's A Wrap.  So for this one, we want to see what you can make in the way of gift wrap, boxes, bags, tags, etc. using your rubber stamps.

I decided to go with a gift box for this one.  I had this round paper mache box on hand already, so just needed to dress it up!  I used the Ledger and Little Diamond background stamps from Lost Coast Designs and the Architectural Square stamp from Carmen's Veranda.  

I started by stamping the ledger stamp 4 times with black ink on off white scrapbook paper.  I evenly cut all four stamped images with a paper cutter to the same size.  I then turned them over and taped the pieces together to make one large "ledger page".  I put my box lid upside down onto my ledger paper and traced around it.  I cut out around that pencil line to get the top for my box.  I edged it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and glued it to my box top.  There was enough of my stamped paper left to cut 1" strips to glue around the edges of the box lid.  

Then I stamped my diamond background with black ink onto the same scrapbook paper.  I had to stamp three times to get enough to cover the sides of my box.  I cut those to 3 inch pieces and glued them around the edges of the bottom of the box.  I also distressed the edges with the same distress ink.

After fitting the lid onto the box, I tied some black ribbon around the box.  I stamped my Architecture  square onto the same card stock and cut it out, inking up the edges.  I punched a hole in one
corner and tied it with the same black ribbon as a gift tag.  The back side of the tag is plain so plenty of room to right on.

Come join us for this super fun challenge - we are excited to see what fun wrapping things you can create, and don't forget to use your rubber stamps!






3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful! Jo x

ionabunny said...

This is gorgeous Laurie. So striking in black and white and I love the square stamp you used for the label. Hugz

Riet Harikini said...

Gorgeus box and such a beautiful stamps.