Sunday, August 20, 2023

A Piece of the Steampunk Puzzle

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hello hello my friends!! Another fun Vintage/Steampunk creation to share with you...this time it's a very large piece of the puzzle...


I don't know about you but sometimes I like make things other than cards to stretch my imagination. One of my favorite alternatives to cards are puzzle pieces...every shape and size lend themselves to art.  Today's piece is about 5" tall which is quite a nice size to stamp on.  

The process....  

I started off by painting the puzzle piece with black acrylic paint. 
Once it had dried I stamped the Gears background stamp on to the piece using VersaMark ink.  
I sprinkled silver, ancient gold and verdigris embossing powders over the ink - shook off the excess and heated to melt.
A dauber was used to apply more VersaMark ink along the edges.
I then sprinkled with Copper ep, heated and melted.

For now the puzzle piece is finished.

The STP Dirigible image was stamped onto grey/blue cardstock using VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink. 
The image was colored using KingArt brush markers after which it was fussy cut from the cardstock.
The word Fly from the Misc Words set of stamps was stamped onto a gel plate scrap of paper and matted with metallic copper cardstock.

The Dirigible and word were then affixed to the puzzle piece with foam tape.





No comments: