Friday, August 4, 2023

Wisdom of the Sea and Mountains

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
 
Hello Portal Peeps!   Gail here today.  The current challenge is Summertime so the team are sharing all their hot, summery makes.  I was thinking that summer is a good time to get out and enjoy nature so I decided to make a card using Lost Coast Designs Cracked Grass and Drake Dog and a new sentiment from Carmen's Veranda which really spoke to my soul.
The observant amongst you may notice that Drake Dog didn't make the final cut.......
Here's the very unassuming Cracked Grass stamp and Drake Dog, who I did stamp, colour and fussy cut.  I am sure he will star on some future project.  He's such a cutie.  When I first got the cracked grass stamp I couldn't work out why it wasn't cracked mountains!  Then I turned it up the right way and had an ohhhhhh! moment.  But I still think it makes good mountains too!
I never claim to be an artist which is why I stamp LOL.  But it looks mountain/lake enough for me.  Call it abstract art bwahahahhaaaa   I watercoloured my mountain scene with distress inks and sparkle.
I didn't use Drake Dog cos I think he disturbed my perspective of sweeping mountains.  So I just added this awesome sentiment, Everything Will Be Fine, which I split into two parts.  
I hope you get time to stamp something summery and join the fun here at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity.  The team will be posting more inspiration throughout the month so check back often and I look forward to seeing your makes.

Happy Stamping!
Gail 
 

No comments: