Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Summertime - Mystery

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hello all...I hope you're enjoying your week so far.  Today I have another card I made for the current challenge - Summertime!  I thought I would go under the sea for this card and used the Mermaid with a Shell stamp.


I started off by stamping her on bristol cardstock then used my iridescent watercolors to paint her tail and shell.  I used colored pencils to finish her off.  She was fussy cut and set aside.

I then commenced to work on the background.  I had such fun stamping this background - I fount a piece of teal cardstock which had a faint pattern on it.  I stamped the Mini Fish Collage and Mini Maritime Collage using VersaFine Clair Warm Breeze. I then used the Bubbles Background stamp to fill in the rest of the card.  Finally I used one of the ornaments from the Victoriana set to stamp a center line using Verdant VFC ink.  Once the ink had dried I used a white gel pen to fill in some of the Bubbles.

This panel was mounted on a black card and the mermaid was then affixed to the card using foam tape.  I finished the card off with some faux pearls and 3 stamped words from the Misc Words set.

Hope you all have an inky day and if you have a chance...be sure to join in on the fun!!





No comments: