Sunday, August 6, 2023

#172 Summertime challenge.

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

If there's one thing that reminds me of summer, it's the tropics.
Tropical fruit, plants, flowers and colors, then I think of Hawaii.
Aloha summertime. 

This time its a slimline card. with the beautiful pineapple stamp from Carmens Veranda stamps. 
This stamp is no less than 6 inches (15cm) in size. 
Love to color this big stamp.

I used for this card:

Distressink:
Twisted citron,
Rustic wilderness,
Spiced marmelade,
Peacock feathers,
festive berries,

Stazon Forest green.

A stencil with a leaf patern.
Flower die.
Branch die.
The word Aloha.
Washi tape.
White gellpen
Water based makers.

With a small finger sponge I did the leaves of the stencil on the inside with Twisted citron.

I did the outside of the leaves in the same way with Rustic wilderness.

This has a nice effect of overflowing green in the leaves.

On watercolor paper I stamped the pineapple with Stazon Forest green.
And colored it with water based markers.
Yellow, orange, green and with the green tones I also colored the leaves.

I colored pieces of paper with all colors of distress ink.
This is for the flower and the leaves.
I matched the colors to the washi tape.

With the sizzix machine I die cut the flower and twigs.
I did not used the dark green.
Wanted to keep it brigth.
Now give the pineapple some accents with the white gellpen.

Now assamble the card and enjoy the summer.

You can join the Summertime challenge till the 15th.
Its great fun to make something with a summer theme.
You even may use stamps of other brands, 
aslong there is stamping on it.
See you at the challenge  or facebook.

Thank you Cathy Norton for this beautifull poster.















1 comment:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome card! Love that yummy pineapple!