Friday, August 18, 2023

Sunshine and the Great Outdoors

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
 
Hello Portal Peeps.  Gail here with a little vintage style make featuring the dapper Drake Dog from Lost Coast Designs.  He always makes me think of a Victorian country gent.  I made a bit of a grungy background for him using a few different stamps.

 
I stamped the focal point using Lost Coast Designs Mini Phenology Collage stamp with potting soil archival ink.  I used part of the stamp that featured the lovely buildings and concentric circles.  Then using the same ink I roughly stamped the script words and a pattern from Pieces of Calligraphy and then filled in the gaps with ATC Doodle Flowers stamp.  No masking or even using a block, the same ink makes everything blend nicely together.
I edged the panel with the same brown ink and then smeared on a bit of Tumbled Glass distress ink and spritzed with water to soften and blend.  When it had dried I stamped Carmen's Veranda Live In The Sunshine sentiment and added Lost Coast Designs Drake Dog, stamped coloured and fussy cut.
I hope you get some time to stamps something in a vintage or steampunk style and join the fun here at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity.  The team are sharing inspiration the rest of the month with this theme and we hope to see lots of lovely entries in the linky.  Take care.  Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz


No comments: