Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Steampunk/Vintage Challenge - Steampunk Mermaid

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Our current challenge - Steampunk/Vintage is quickly coming to a close.  You still have a bit of time to join in on the fun and today I have my final Steampunk card to share with you...my Steampunk Mermaid.


I started off by stamping the Steampunk Mermaid on a piece of vellum using StazOn ink.  Once the ink had dried I colored the back of the image with a variety of markers and left her to dry.  After the inks had dried I tore the edges and set aside.

I created the background with pigment powders in shades of blue. I stamped the Gears background stamp using VersaMark ink and embossed it using gold, silver and copper embossing powders.  I crumbled up the mat several times to give it a distressed look, scraped the edges with an envelope opener then mounted it onto a blue card.

The Steampunk Mermaid was affixed to the card using liquid glue in the two corners which I covered up with a few metal gears.

I hope you have a bit of time to join in on this challenge...





No comments: