Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
Most craft stores have paper mache' products that are really fun to paint and stamp on, like the skull below. It was the perfect fit for a 31 Days of Halloween project! As per the instructions below, stamping tissue paper is a great way to transfer images onto the curved and bumpy surfaces.
Lost Coast Design Stamps:
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween Adornments
- Ranger Archival Ink, Jet Black
- Acyclic Paint
- Deco Art Metallics
- Paper Mache' Skull
- Witches hat
- Leaves and Florals
- Deco Art DuraClear Matte Varnish
- Robin's Nest Dew Drops
- Prep a paper mache' skull with a coat of gesso.
- Use acrylic paint to age and distress skull.
- Stamp Corner Swirls image onto tissue paper with Archival ink. Stamp several images and cut out.
- Adhere the swirl stamped tissue pieces onto skull with a Matte Varnish.
- Use Metallic paint to add color and shine around the swirl images as well as on key areas skull to highlight.
- Seal skull with a coat of Matte Varnish.
- With Archival Ink, stamp a Bird image onto a piece of card stock (that you previously colored with acrylic paint) and seal with a layer of Matte Varnish. Cut out image.
- Arrange/adhere leaves, florals and stamped bird image on top of the witches hat.
- Embellish with metal spiders and dew drops.
Hope you will join in and add your Spooky Project to 31 Days of Halloween Challenge!