Saturday, October 14, 2023

31 Days of Halloween Day 14. Halloween explosion box.

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi there, Riet here.
I made a Halloween explosion box. 
I love the halloween stamps from lost coast Designs.





Stamps I used:
Lost coast Design
Carmens Veranda

Other stuf for this explosion box.
We R Makers explosion board
12x12 200 grams paper
61/2 x 61/2 200 grams paper
halloween stencil
Bleach
posca markers
white gellpen
Dylusions paint
Lemon zest
Tangerine dream
Dylusions sprays
crushed grape
polished jade
cut grass
tangerine dream
versafine onyx black
distressink black soot

I made the box using the We R Memory makers explosionbox board.
I took the XXL size for that.
Take sturdy paper, I used 200 grams.

 With the Dylusion paint Lemon zest and a 
ink blending tool or a sponge you can now make the paper completely yellow.

Using a baby wipe and the dylusion paint tangerine dream, 
lightly wipe over the yellow.

Now we will stamp the box with Versafine onyx blacke.
You can do this with any black waterproof ink.
Now pay close attention! A mistake was easily made.
Place the box unfolded in front of you,
be careful not to stamp the image upside down.
Start with the top center square and stamp your image.
Now turn your box a quarter turn to the right and stamp the next center square.
You do this a total of 4 times.

The lid is also stamped this way.
Because I found the color of the box a bit boring, 
I decided to spray some of the dylusions ink sprays on it.
I sprayed a little too much for my liking, so take it easy with the sprays.

I stamped the inside of the box with the spider web background stamp.
Always make sure your ink is completely dry before turning the paper over.
Otherwise you will get smudges.

Now we are going to bleach certain parts in the stamps.
I prefer to work with a cheap synthetic brush.
Your brushes are suffering quite a bit from the bleach.

Once everything is dry, we continue with applying some colors with the posca markers.
A few accents here and there is enough.
You can also add some accents with the white gel pen.

Now we are going to fill in next to and around the 4 sides with stamps.
This we keep in black ink.

With a Halloween stencil and Black Soot distress ink, 
I added some decorations to the inside of the box.

With an ink blending tool and Black Soot distress ink, 
I added some shadow to the edges of the box.

A witches hat and some other little Halloween stuf in the middle.
With flying bats on a strip of mica.

And that's it, you can decide for yourself the decoration in the box. 
You probably have something in your stash that you can use.
I hope you enjoyed it, and if you have any questions please let me know.
Well for the challenge, the team would love it if you would participate.
And that is even allowed with stamps from other brands.
It's so much fun and you can win a prize too.
So click on the link and join in.












No comments: