Friday, November 8, 2019

A Little Frida Skull n Bones

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Challenge #87 is Dia de los Muertos...Day of the Dead.

I was so inspired by one of Lost Coast Desings newest stamps - the Frida Skull that I created this card...


Isn't she great?  I started off by stamping the Skull & Bones background stamp from Carmen's Veranda with VersaMark ink onto a piece of black textured cardstock. It was then covered with Gold MBoss embossing powder then heat set. I love how the texture in the cardstock makes the image look old and distressed. It was trimmed and mounted on a red card base.


Then I stamped the new Frida Skull on a piece of white cardstock using VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink. It was colored with Schpirerr Farben colored pencils. She was fussy cut then mounted on the card using foam tape. The gold skull and bones background really makes the image pop don't you think?

Hope you like what I have shared today and you join in on the fun!

No comments: