Sunday, November 24, 2019

For the Men Challenge: Magical Merlin

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi again from Laurie for another project for the end of November Challenge:  For The Men.

I made a card for this one using the #7: Oracle of the Seven Enigmas at Lost Coast Designs.  There are 18 of these awesome Fortune Cards that are sold individually or you can buy a set which includes 9 of the designs.  They are all really interesting designs as well.  But this one makes me think of Merlin the Magician, thus my title for this post.

I began by taking a piece of card stock and using some Distress Oxide Inks I gave it a light cover of green and blue inks to create this kind of soft aqua background.  I stamped Merlin with black StayzOn ink, cut him out, and edged him in black ink.  I then very carefully attached this piece to a sheet of golf leaf.  I have this interesting piece of tissue paper in my stash with the aqua background and a gold design.  I made a copy of it onto card stock, cut it into the right size, edged it in gold pen, and affixed Merlin to the center.   I stamped some little gold stars randomly here and there and added some Glossy Accents to the 7 eyes.  And that's a wrap!

Let's see what fun and manly goodies you can create for the November Challenge!


No comments: